Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE?
In order to maintain high standards of care and provide personalized 1-on-1, 1 hour care with a Doctor of Physical Therapy during your entire visit, Deconstruct Health Physical Therapy & Consulting PC is a direct care physical therapy practice, that is out-of-network with all insurances.
This means that patients are responsible for paying Deconstruct Health Physical Therapy & Consulting PC directly for all services rendered prior or at the time of their visit.
Patients with a PPO may request a superbill which they can then submit personally to their healthcare insurance for use of their out-of-network benefits.
Deconstruct Health Physical Therapy & Consulting makes no promises of coverage or takes any responsibility if claims are denied. We strongly recommend you find out your benefits and coverage prior to your first appointment if you plan on submitting a superbill.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept cash, check, credit card, debit card, Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
Payment for services is required prior or at the time of visit.
DO YOU OFFER SLIDING SCALE SERVICES?
Yes, at Deconstruct Health we provide sliding scale services to improve accessibility to our services.
Sliding scale services are determined on a case by case basis and should only be requested if you are truly in need of lowered cost of services in order to allow availability of sliding scale services.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
No you do not need a referral, which means your problem can be addressed immediately without having to wait and becoming worse.
However, if your treatment plan requires more than 12 visits or requires you to be seen over a time period of over 45 days (whichever comes first), a physical therapy plan of care is required to be sign by a physician to continue physical therapy. This limitation can be avoided by providing a prescription from a referring physician (i.e. medical doctor, doctor of osteopathic medicine, or podiatrist).
If you plan on using your out-of-network benefits, some healthcare insurance providers require a referral for physical therapy by a physician in order to be covered.
ARE FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE?
Yes, we allow financing through CareCredit with options of financing payments for your services for 6 months and 12 months depending on the credit approved and total cost of visits.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO MY PHYSICAL THERAPY VISIT?
Due to the active nature of the physical therapy session, it is recommended to wear athletic wear that allows for easy exposure of the involved body region.
WHAT IS PELVIC FLOOR PHYSICAL THERAPY?
Pelvic floor physical therapy is specialized practice in physical therapy performed by pelvic floor physical therapists.
Pelvic floor physical therapists undergo further specialized training in the the evaluation and treatment of conditions that result in dysfunction and/or pain with urinary, bowel, and sexual function of the pelvic region.
- External and gloved internal examination of the genitalia (penis, testicles, vulva, vagina), anus, rectum, pelvic floor muscles, pelvic nerves, organs, fascia, and ligaments.
- Movement analysis to uncover biomechanical contributions to presentation of pelvic condition
- Analysis of medical history, exercise history, bowel/bladder/sexual history to determine causes of pelvic dysfunction and/or pain
- External/internal desensitization with stretching of the pelvic floor via gloved digit
- Muscle re-coordination training to improve difficulty with urinary, bowel, or sexual function
- Therapeutic exercises to improve function and/or reduce pain
- Modifying movement in order to facilitate recovery
- Retraining bowel and bladder habits
- Dietary advice to improve pelvic function/pain
- Biofeedback training